As the responsible person you must carry out and regularly review a fire risk assessment of your premises.
Compliant FM specialise in the provision of quality fire safety advice and tailored fire risk assessments. We have a reputation for providing thorough assessments to ensure that our clients remain in compliance with regulatory reform orders as well as ensuring that their property is safeguarded against potential fire hazards.
Undertaking a high quality and reliable risk assessment for your business premises is of the utmost importance and it is a legal requirement for the buildings ‘responsible person’ as an employer, landlord or owner, to carry out the fire risk assessment.
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 places a duty on the ‘responsible person’ to carry out a fire risk assessment of their premises. In the workplace this is the employer or any other person who may have control of any part of the premises for example the occupier or owner.
At Compliant FM we pride ourselves on providing you with a clear understandable document, that will identify all areas of conformity and non-conformity. In addition, you will also receive support regarding the review of your assessment, training, emergency planning and fire protection checks.
- Carrying out the assessment
- Identify the fire hazards
- Identify people at risk
- Evaluate, remove or reduce the risks
- Record your findings, prepare an emergency plan and provide training
- Review and update the fire risk assessment regularly
You’ll need to consider:
- emergency routes and exits
- fire detection and warning systems
- fire fighting equipment
- the removal or safe storage of dangerous substances
- an emergency fire evacuation plan
- the needs of vulnerable people, for example the elderly, young children or those with disabilities
- providing information to employees and other people on the premises
- staff fire safety training