The law that requires employers to control substances that are hazardous to health is COSHH.
You can prevent or reduce workers exposure to hazardous substances by:
- finding out what the health hazards are;
- deciding how to prevent harm to health (risk assessment);
- providing control measures to reduce harm to health;
- making sure they are used;
- keeping all control measures in good working order;
- providing information, instruction and training for employees and others;
- providing monitoring and health surveillance in appropriate cases;
- planning for emergencies.
The Health and Safety, Display Screen Equipment (DSE) Regulations 1992 (amended 2002) apply to all DSE computer screens.
The main provision is that Employers must carry out a risk assessment of workstations used by employees to reduce any identified risks.